Welcome to the movement!
The Children’s Trust is starting a movement to get parents like you to read with their kids for 30 minutes a day and encourage others to do the same.
When you read to a child daily, you ensure their lifelong achievement in school and in life. So, set your child up for success starting today and throughout the next 90 days when many kids lose up to three months of learning in what’s known as the “summer reading gap.”
All you have to do is:
- Pick out a great book and read it with your child.
- Read to them. Let them read to you. Talk about what you’re reading.
- Snap a selfie of you and your child and post your picture to Facebook, Instagram (set to Public viewing) using the hashtag #Read30.
- Once completed, download your certificate of achievement.
Read, Snap, Share – Join the movement because when kids read, we all succeed.
You can also visit the Read to Learn page for additional literacy resources.
* This viral social media campaign is supported by local partners WSVN 7 News and anchor Craig Stevens, WLTV Noticias 23 and anchor Maria Fernanda Lopez and the Miami-Dade Public Library System.