The Children's Trust is adopting a continuous learning and improvement framework, aimed at capturing whether or not our organization and providers are successfully supporting children and families in Miami-Dade. The program metrics include a set of critical safety, administrative and fiscal compliance items, as well as several key components that will be reviewed periodically in order to:
- Identify program strengths and needs through direct observation of activities, file and desk reviews.
- Inform the type and intensity of supports, resources and follow-up required by the program under each component; these efforts will be implemented in collaboration with the provider and in alignment with our Program and Professional Development (PPD) vision and plan for capacity building.
- Evaluate programs by component and inform the board and other key stakeholders of the programs' progress (or lack thereof) on a consistent basis.
To learn more about the specifics of our revamped Program Metrics click on the link below.
Growth Plans Replace Quarterly Narrative Reports for Most Initiatives
To support our Program Metrics framework and a shift toward continuous learning and improvement, in contract year 2017-18 quarterly growth plan updates replaced quarterly narrative reports for most initiatives. Below is a complete list of applicable initiatives and requirements. In partnership with contract managers, providers will develop and implement growth plans up to four times per contract year. A growth planning guidance document with additional information can also be found below.
Please visit the Training section for details and resources.
Content Area Team (CAT) Observation Tools
Parenting Programs (PAR)
- Individual Home Visitation CAT Observation Tool & Guide
- Group Home Visitation CAT Observation Tool & Guide
- Parenting CAT Tool Training
videos providing an overview of constructs measured in the Individual and Group Parenting CAT Tools, including tips on how these can be used to improve facilitation skills in preparation for official Trust program observations and for program quality improvement.
Youth Enrichment (YEN)
- Social Emotional Learning Program (SEL PQA) Tool
- SEL PQA Kickoff Webinar - Link unavailable
- Project Rise – YEN Provider Resources and Trainings:
Visit the Trust Academy module on TrustCentral.org
Youth After-School (YAS)
- After-school and Summer Camp CAT Tool Training
- MINI Observation Tool for After-school and Summer Camp Programs
Information related to Program Metrics is also available in video format. Click here to access The Children's Trust Provider Support Channel on YouTube.