The new, improved and expanded Children’s Trust Book Club offers free, monthly books by mail for children from birth through their 5th birthday living in Miami-Dade County. Parents may register children from birth until they're 4-and-a-half years old. Book Club members receive a new book every month in English or Spanish along with a guide for parents with activities, information and suggestions on how to share the book with their children. Books include classics, award-winners and picture books to engage even our youngest “readers.” All books are selected specifically to help children develop their early reading skills for school readiness and, of course, for maximum enjoyment with their families!
When you receive your books, share on your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram! Tag The Children's Trust and use #TCTBookClub!
The Book Club is funded and administered by The Children's Trust and Miami-Dade Family Learning Partnership.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- For additional support regarding Book Club, please email your name, email address, phone number, and your question or comment to email@example.com.
- Sign up by texting one of the following words to 786.460.CLUB (2582): “Read” for books in English, “Leer” for books in Spanish, or “Liv” to begin with books in English and be placed on a waiting list for books in Haitian Creole that will become available in 2021.
- Let’s Get Ready for Kindergarten
- Kindergarten at Miami-Dade County Public Schools
If you have a visual or hearing impairment you can enjoy reading books with your child by accessing affordable or free books in braille, audio and digital media. Here are a few website resources to get you started:
- www.aph.org/kids-with-vision-loss/braille-tales: Free print/braille books for preschoolers who are blind or visually impaired.
- www.bookshare.org: Free Ebooks for people with qualified reading barriers.
- www.accessiblebookcollection.org: Extensive information and resources for people who are visually impaired about books and technology access.
See more resources for children with disabilities at www.thechildrenstrust.org/content/children-disabilities.