Here is the recording of the College Access Panel where we discussed how to pay for college, explore technical college, the application process, programs to help high school students prepare for college, tips for mixed status & undocumented families as well as families experiencing unstable housing or involved with the dependency system.
Here are resources by category!
Programs & Internships & College Essay Writing
- www.youthempowermentleague.org can be reached at email@example.com. Also access this Google Drive
- Summer Youth (paid) Internship Program for current 9th, 10th, 11th grade students
- College Essay Guy and the Matchlighters Scholarship Program and application
- Achieve Miami High School Programs
Students enrolled in grades 6-12 can choose dual enrollment coursework from both Associate in Arts (AA) and Associate in Science (AS) programs, including courses that are part of a stackable credential such as a short-term College Credit Certificate (CCC). More information about eligibility for dual enrollment, including coursework lists, can be found here.
What do I do in 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th grade?
- College Assistance Program Website
- College Handbook 2020-2021 COVIC Updated - Download PDF
- College Planning Calendar for Juniors - Download BigFuture College Planning Calendar PDF
- College Application Checklist for Seniors - Download BigFuture College Application Checklist PDF
How do I pay for college?
- Upcoming sessions focused on PAYING for college (FAFSA Completion Series – English, Spanish, Creole attached)
- College Planning Calendar for Juniors - Download BigFuture Financial Aid Checklist PDF
- Click here to define the difference between subsidized & unsubsidized federal loans.
- MDC Admissions - Download Changing Lives Powerpoint
Fostered Youth & Students Facing Unstable Housing
- Project UP-START
- Recording of a project UP START presentation for students and parents
- Download Flyer in English, Spanish or Creole
- Educate Tomorrow
- Florida International University (FIU) www.fiu.academicworks.com
- Project UP-START - firstname.lastname@example.org; 305.995.7558
- Miami Dade College - New Student Center team are available via Blackboard Collaborate for live audio/video chat using this link. Log in with your first name and last name Monday – Thursday (8 a.m. – 7 p.m.) and Friday (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.). You can also use booking a face-to-face/in-person and/or virtual appointment following this link or call 305.237.3300.
These resources are provided as a service to the community for free and do not constitute an endorsement by The Children's Trust. If you would like to be included as part of these resources, please email email@example.com.