Health Teams in Schools
Schools will have a team of professionals including a nurse or nurse practitioner, a social worker and two health aides. Each team will serve two schools and will offer physical, mental and behavioral health services.
Unique to this component is a strategic financial partnership with Miami-Dade Public Schools and the Miami-Dade County Health Department, to bring quality health services to schools in Miami-Dade County by 2011.
Benefits of health teams in schools:
- A coordinated level of school-based healthcare * Expanded health screenings and assessments with access to follow-up care
- Mental and behavioral health services to identify and solve student health and educational issues
- Nutrition and health counseling
- Better access to a regular primary-care physician
- Primary health services for uninsured students with no other options or access to health care
- Emergency first aid/CPR
- Chronic disease management
- School Health Program Contacts List (9/15/16, pdf) Updated!
- School Health Program Site List (9/15/16, pdf) Updated!
Miami-Dade County Public Schools
Comprehensive Health Services
To download a brochure, please visit the Publications section.