The Sports, Play, and Active Recreation for Kids (SPARK) curriculum focuses on the development of healthy lifestyles, motor skills, and movement knowledge. Learn the fundamentals of running successful, physical-activity programming in out-of-school time. It also reinforces positive social and interpersonal skills among children. SPARK implementation workshops meet the needs of attendees by providing "real world" strategies for overcoming obstacles and conducting activity programs that are inclusive, active, and fun.
The Children's Trust is sponsoring free, one-day workshops to help our providers implement the SPARK curriculum successfully and with fidelity. If your agency is contracted to implement SPARK for After School, it is required to have staff members who are directly responsible for delivering the SPARK curriculum at each site location attend a SPARK training.
Attending the full-day SPARK Training twice qualifies participants for SPARK Instructor Certification.
You are required to register in advance for the training using the link below. ONE staff per SITE should register themselves for a SPARK training. DO NOT REGISTER FOR OTHER PEOPLE. The maximum number of participants for each training session is 40. Don't delay your registration, space is limited.
Ensure you are registered for the training! You will have received an e-mail confirmation (WALK-INS will not be allowed).
Day of the Training:
• Be On-Time (know how to get there ahead of time; lateness might result in a certificate NOT being issued).
• Be prepared to stay the entire time (leaving early might result in a certificate NOT being issued).
• Wear sneakers or athletic shoes and clothing you can exercise in (no flip-flops or high heels).
• Bring water (the workshop involves physical activity).
• We recommend you bring your lunch (the time allotted for lunch break will be limited).
This training is now cancelled.