Welcome to the movement!
The Children’s Trust has started a movement to get parents like you to read with their kids for 30 minutes a day and encourage others to do the same because reading daily ensures lifelong achievement in school and in life.
88% of children who never graduate from high school were poor third-grade readers, and high school dropouts earn less than half of college graduates.
So, set your child up for success starting today. All you have to do is:
- Pick out a great book and read it with your child.
- Read to them. Let them read to you. Talk about what you’re reading.
- Snap a selfie or take a video of you and your child reading together and post it to Facebook, Instagram (set to Public viewing) using the hashtag #Read30.
- Once completed, download your certificate of achievement.
Read, Post, Share – Join the movement because when kids read, we all succeed.
You can also visit the Read to Learn page for additional literacy resources.
* This viral social media campaign is supported by local partners WSVN 7 News and anchor Craig Stevens, Univision's Alberto Sardiñas and the Miami-Dade Public Library System.