Grants 101: A Hands-on Introduction to Identifying and Preparing Successful Grant Applications - Workshop B
Description: This training provides a detailed, hands-on introduction to identifying grant opportunities and preparing effective applications. Additionally, the training provides tips on effective grants management techniques.
Instructor: Catherine Raymond, Ph.D. of Raymond Consulting, Inc.
Participants will learn how to:
• Identify appropriate grant opportunities and prospective funders
• Write more effective grant applications
Materials: Handouts will be provided.
1. Identifying your organization’s grant funding priorities
2. Assessing your grant management capacity
3. Identifying prospective funders
4. Reviewing grant application guidelines (hands-on activity)
5. Understanding components and characteristics of successful grant applications
6. Reviewing grant applications (hands-on activity)
7. Practice writing and feedback (hands-on activity)
8. Grants management tips
Format: Structured as a two workshop series that will run twice.
• Workshop A: 3 hour session
• Workshop B: 2 hour session
• Grant writing assignment for in between the 2 sessions.
Participants: Up to 30 participants per series, up to 2 participants per organization. An estimated total of 30 to 40 organizations can participate.
Workshop Series Dates:
• Workshop A: November 7, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
• Workshop B: November 14, 9 a.m.-11 a.m.
• Workshop A: November 9, 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
• Workshop B: November 16, 2 p.m.-4 p.m.