David Lawrence Jr. Champion for Children Award
The recipient will be honored at The Children's Trust 2018 Champions for Children Awards Ceremony
This annual award is bestowed upon an individual in recognition of a lifetime of notable achievement and dedication to children in Miami-Dade County. These achievements over time should display a depth of commitment to children’s causes that have resulted in real change and lasting impact. By formally recognizing an individual who has dedicated considerable time, knowledge, expertise and resources on behalf of children, The Trust hopes to motivate others to also work toward improving the lives of Miami-Dade children and families. Current board members and staff of The Children’s Trust may not be nominated.
- Typed/printed letter on 8.5″ x 11″ letter-size paper
- Maximum 1,000 words
- Additional materials, such as news articles and letters of support, may be included but are not required.
- If available, the inclusion of a CV is strongly recommended.
- Bind submitted pages by stapling at the upper left corner (if mailing in a hard copy submission).
Please include the following information:
- Why this nominee should receive the Champion for Children award. Be sure to explain how the nominee is a recognized leader in their field who has built a clear legacy for future generations, and include examples illustrating such.
- Explain how the nominee has dedicated their time, knowledge, expertise and resources on behalf of children in Miami-Dade County for a minimum of 10 years.
- Explain how the nominee’s body of work has produced tangible, life-altering, game-changing results/outcomes or institutional change in the lives of children and families in Miami-Dade County.
- Include the nominee’s contact information so he or she can be reached if selected.
Note: Regardless how beloved and well-known a community figure your nominee is, not everyone may be intimately familiar with their work, and thus their worthiness as a Champion for Children. A good rule of thumb is to write your submission under the assumption that the nominating committee is wholly unfamiliar with the individual you are presenting.
Nominations, whether submitted via email or postal mail, must be received by Tuesday, January 30.
Submit your nomination to:
The Children's Trust
DLJ Champion for Children
3150 SW 3rd Ave (Coral Way)
Miami, FL 33129
For additional information contact Emily Cardenas at 305.571.5700 ext. 516.