Thursday, August, 27, 10 a.m.
Semi-Annual Provider Meeting Tomorrow
The Children's Trust has a virtual provider meeting scheduled this Friday, August 28, 10 a.m-12 p.m. The purpose of this meeting is to share lessons learned from summer 2020 services, discuss initiative-specific recommendations, and host a Q&A session to address your questions and concerns about 2020-21 service expectations. Please look for registration link by separate email this week.
Thursday, August 13, 10 a.m.
Upcoming Provider Input Sessions, Meetings and More
The Children's Trust will continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in our community and count on your input to our planning process for the upcoming school year and beyond. To that end, we are planning the following:
- Provider Input Sessions – We will host two input sessions on August 14, with a representative subset of our providers to gain meaningful insights and share our initial thoughts about 2020-21 services. All Trust providers can share their thoughts and ideas with your program manager before August 13.
- Provider Meeting – We will host a virtual provider meeting at the end of August to share lessons from summer 2020 services, discuss initiative-specific recommendations, and host a Q&A session to address your questions and concerns about 2020-21 service expectations.
- Modified Services - We expect Trust funding to focus on services that meet the needs of our community. Providers will submit an individual plan by Friday, August 21, using a template provided by The Children’s Trust by Friday, August 14. As previously conveyed,
Thursday, June 25, 12 p.m.
Contracts Metrics Data Moving to the Metrics Module
Contract metrics data will now have a home in the Metrics Module under a new tab labeled “DATA” in Trust Central. Additionally, the “Progress” tab will have updates. For highlights and details on these updates Click here. Please note, a guide to help you navigate the Metrics Module will be released with these updates on Thursday, July 2.
Wednesday, June 17, 10 a.m.
Summer Camp Program Guides and Map Available on Trust Website
For all the information on the summer programs available from Trust-funded providers, visit The Children's Trust website's Summer Camp programs page and search via an interactive map or listing of available programs.
Tuesday, June 9, 8 a.m.
Summer Invoicing Guidelines are Here
The Children’s Trust recognizes and appreciates the innovation and flexibility of our funded programs during the COVID-19 pandemic. As we approach the summer months, we wanted to share Summer Invoicing Guidelines. The guidelines apply to our YAS, YEN & EEI summer 2020 programs. Find the guidelines at https://www.thechildrenstrust.org/content/financial.
Tuesday, June 2, 12 p.m.
Help Families Cope with New COVID-19 Course in Trust Academy
Navigating Uncertainty: Helping Families Cope with COVID-19, a new course in Trust Academy, offers suggestions for looking for less obvious needs, listening to understand the concerns of others, and linking families with ideas for coping and resources to access in the community. Find Navigating Uncertainty: Helping Families Cope with COVID-19, created by Trust Academy Collective (your program and professional development providers), in Trust Academy by logging into Trust Central and clicking through.
Other new and timely courses in Trust Academy, include:
- Considering Delivering Services Through Video Conferencing: Where Do I Start?
- Ready, Set, Zoom! Strategies for effectively implementing your program virtually
- The Big 5: Questions and Tips to Support Your Emotional Well-Being During COVID-19
Wednesday, May 13, 4 p.m.
Reopening Guidance Courses in Trust Academy
The Children's Trust and CypherWorx, Inc. are offering courses for you in Trust Academy that are full of useful information, how-to safety considerations, and access to important CDC and OSHA links for important information designed to keep your staff, customers, clients and employees safe.
These courses include:
CDC Guidelines for Reopening Schools and Day Camps
CDC Guidelines for Employers and Small Businesses
CDC Guidelines for Reopening Child Care Providers
CDC Guidelines for Child Care Providers That Remain Open
To access these courses, please log into Trust Academy through your Trust Central account. Go to the Course Catalog. Click on Show Categories. These courses will be found within COVID-19.
Thursday, April 29, 6 p.m.
Trainings on to transition to virtual services during pandemic
Considering Delivering Services Through Video Conferencing: Where Do I Start?
This training will help you decide whether to use video conferencing to serve families. It will guide you through what to consider before you start video conferencing services, and help you think about how to train your staff in delivering services.
The Big 5: Emotional Well-Being Course
This is an interactive, online training that provides practical tips and strategies to help our providers build resilience and manage stress during this coronavirus crisis. The training was developed and released quickly in response to what providers asked for in the recent survey.
To access both, please log into Trust Academy through your Trust Central account.
Go to the Course Catalog and search for The Big 5. If you do not yet have a Trust Central account, please have your agency administrator follow the instructions located here. If you have any questions regarding Trust Academy, please review the Trust Academy User Guide.
Tuesday, April 14, 9:22 a.m.
Provider Meeting on April 10
Wednesday, April 9, 10:56 a.m.
CARES Act Webinar Material on April 8
Wednesday, April 8, 9 a.m.
The Children's Trust Provider Town Hall Meeting
The Children's Trust invites our service providers to a virtual meeting to give an update on our responses to the coronavirus pandemic so far, discuss alternative ways of providing services, and host a Q&A session to address your most pressing concerns. We strongly encourage your agency CEO/Executive Director and your program directors to attend. The meeting will take place at on Friday, April 10 at 1 p.m.
Tuesday, April 7, 5 p.m.
The Children's Trust's Provider Webinar on CARES Act
The Children’s Trust invites you to participate in a webinar that will facilitate information on resources and assistance available to support nonprofits impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic through the CARES Act. This webinar is curated for The Children's Trust. The CARES Act Webinar will take Wednesday, April 8, 2-3 p.m. Register Here
Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 4:44 p.m.
Live Webinar for Nonprofit Legal Challenges and Opportunities in Wake of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The webinar is geared towards CEOs, CFOs, treasurers, and other board members of nonprofit entities, including healthcare and educational facilities. The program will provide a review of the major portions of the recent federal legislation, CARES Act, which seeks to provide economic stability for entities and individuals impacted economically by the coronavirus pandemic. The webinar takes place on Tuesday, April 7 at 11 a.m. Register Here
Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 2:02 p.m.
The Waldron Charitable Fund Announces $1M in Grant Opportunities to Support Children
Funding will support local nonprofit organizations serving the health, nutrition, and special education needs of underserved children impacted by school closures nationwide. Read Press Release
Monday, March 16, 2020, 4:10 p.m.
Trust to Support Children, Families and Emergency Personnel During Coronavirus Pandemic Read Press Release
Monday, March 16, 3:20 p.m.
As a result of Miami-Dade County Public Schools announcing that it is closing schools from March 16 to March 20 due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and with the closure leading into regularly scheduled Spring Break, The Children’s Trust’s guidance for the next two weeks is as follows:
• If you choose to provide services for your program participants, following CDC and local health department guidelines, and maintaining DCF ratios, The Children’s Trust will reimburse you for those services.
• If you are not able to provide services, The Children’s Trust has committed to reimbursing providers for expenses you would have incurred during this time.
• With regard to contractual obligations, please rest assured that The Children’s Trust will work with providers once we assess the full impact of the Coronavirus pandemic.
• Invoicing procedures will continue. Direct deposit payments will not be affected. Check payments will be mailed out rather than made available for pick-up. If your payment address has changed recently, please inform your program manager as soon as possible.
Please advise your program manager if you will be providing services as soon as possible.
The Children’s Trust will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as needed.
We appreciate your efforts to ensure the safety and health of our children and families during this critical time.
Friday, March 13, 12:13 p.m.
The Children's Trust is actively monitoring the situation regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic’s impact on Miami-Dade County. The safety of everyone in our community is our first priority and we have been in close contact with the Office of the Mayor of Miami Dade County, our County’s Emergency Operations team and local and state health officials, while sharing and adhering to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We advise everyone to take all the necessary precautions to stay healthy.
We are currently following the direction of the Governor’s Office and Miami-Dade County Government and we are continuing to operate during regular business hours. As things evolve, we will keep you informed.
- Trust-funded providers should reach out to Program Managers routinely with updates on their operational status and ability to continue to serve children and families.
- In the event that programs are required to shut down, we will evaluate the impact and determine the next best steps for our provider community.
The work that we do in this community is essential and makes a difference every day. Please stay well.